120gb iPod Classic Wheel Sensitivity???

Discussion in 'iPod' started by dschima, Sep 13, 2008.

1. dschima macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, so I just got a new 120gb iPod Classic and I've noticed that the click wheel is very very unsensitive...I have to put a little more pressure to get it to work. But with my old classic I barely had to touch it and it would start working...does anyone know if this is a fixable problem through a software update or will the wheel start working better with time as I break it in? Also, do any new classic owners have the same problem?

2. bunnies35 macrumors newbie

I just bought my 120 GB black classic this morning and the wheel seems fine/the usual.

How hard do you have to press?
    Like do you actually have to press into it?
    It's not SUPERsensitive, but I don't think mine is 'unsensitive'.

Maybe you had a really nice/easy to scroll one? O:

3. caliguy macrumors regular

caliguy

I'm with you... sort of. On mine, there's a patch of insensitivity in one area and it slows down scrolling a whole lot. I might take mine into an Apple store in a few weeks if I get the chance.

I like my new Classic, though. The screen is glass, so that's a nice upgrade.

4. jmdfd415 macrumors regular

I actually had this problem with one i bought on Thursday on Saturday it actually stopped working completely so I exchanged it for a new one and right from the start it felt much better and more responsive.

5. skinaked2 macrumors newbie

I would have to agree, i didnt actually get my 120gb ipod yet but when i had an old 20gb no color the clickwheel was awesome compared to the 80gb ones that i have played with