Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Hey folks. I use a 2.66ghz dual core i7 mbp, 15", 1680x1050 res screen. I use the minidp to dvi plug to connect to my samsung syncmaster 2333sw I was doing up some rearranging of my desk, and I needed to temporarily unplug the adaptor from my laptop. Once I plugged it back in, my laptop screen just froze (didn't go throu e normal blue screen where it usually goes to if I just plugged in a display/projector)

I bring my laptop to college and when I plug it back in every night there has never been any issues.

I unplugged it, but my screen stayed frozen. Even my mouse cursor couldn't move. I restarted and now I tried with my miniDP to VGA adaptor, hooking up to the monitor through vga. Image is bad as per VGA standard, but works as advertised. I tried plugging it through dvi again. Again my system locked up and didn't respond to inputs.

I force shut down again by holding the power button and plugged in the vga adaptor only. The blue screen appeared before it settled back to normal. I unplugged it, and ditto. I tried the dvi adaptor only, and absolutely nothing happened.

I thought this had to be the issue, and I bought a new adaptor. It still doesn't work.:(

What has gone wrong? Does anyone know? Can anyone help? :( I'm on 10.7.1 if that matters.

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Unfortunately I don't have any Snow Leopard machines around, and I can't install it on mine either. But it was working for a long while on Lion (bought it on the first day) so it shouldn't be Lion. I was thinking 10.7.1 might be it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.