----

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jarruemota, Aug 20, 2011.

1. jarruemota, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

I just got my iMac through the education store. You can get both the gift card and the discount price. Also, no id is required. You just need to be going to a school that's in apple's list. I'm not sure how exactly they confirm it but that's all you need to do.

3. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Online you don't need anything. If you are buying it at an Apple Store they might ask for your school ID.

4. bearsalley34 macrumors member

5. jarruemota, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011

jarruemota thread starter macrumors member

6. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

If you are looking to get a computer via edu through US apple, you need to be attending a US school regardless if you are a citizen or international student. The US apple store will not give discounts to foreign schools, though if you do it online, there's no stopping you from choosing a random school to get the discount but you need a US credit card.

If you try to do this in the store, you will likely be denied.

7. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

Is there not an apple store online for your country? I'm in Canada for example and the list of schools changed to Canadian ones for me.

8. JonasDK macrumors member

Yeah, I am from Denmark and the list of schools also changed to Danish ones for me. Also you don't need anything online to get both the discount and gift card.