Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
I looked at my white bumper today and it has a big blue jean mark on it. I've had these jeans for over a year and I've washed them alot so I just figure I'll have to clean the case back to white every week or so BUT... what is the best way to clean / scrub it back to white?

Thanks for your help :)

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
That's the way white works. It gets dirty. I replaced my bumper once it got too bad.

Headlighted

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
You can try something like a baby wipe or magic eraser on it, that's what I use for jean transfer on purses.

Just for the love of God make sure you take the case off your phone first. :rolleyes:

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Forget the Magic Eraser, unfortunately. It's a miracle on other things, but doesnt do a thing for the material they use for the bumper. I never found anything physical or chemical that actually cleaned dye stains off Apple's bumpers. And I destroyed two of them trying.

Your choices are to keep a supply of them on hand & toss every few weeks when they get dirty (eBay has them cheap), switch to the black (nothing shows on that one), or switch to another case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.