128 GB Iphone 6 AT&T Shortage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PopuVamp, Dec 18, 2014.

1. PopuVamp macrumors newbie

I know there is a general huge demand for iphone 6 and 6 plus now but does anyone know what's up with the 128 GB iphone 6 (not 6+) on AT&T, I used the istock map and it looks like NO apple stores in the whole country have them in stock. That seems pretty extreme. Just wondering if there's been any issues with this particular size/model/carrier that would warrant such a lack of availability? It seems like the 16 and 64 for AT&T in the 6 are much more readily available....By the way, i'm in the NYC area and haven't been able to find any stores (best buy, target, radio shack, AT&T etc...) that have it in stock...

Thanks!

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Our local store has not show any "walk-in" 128GB 6 or 6+ stock for weeks. Occasionally a 64GB for AT&T and T-Mo.

They seem to be the most in demand and 7-15 days out if you order!:apple:

3. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

current theory was they found issues with the larger NAND chips and they might be replacing them, nothing to back that up of course

4. PopuVamp thread starter macrumors newbie

I was wondering if there was some connection to the issues with 128 gb models needing to be fixed....

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The Geek at my local store says the 128GB 6 and 6+ are asked for more than double the lower memory models. He says they are getting them in but are for most preorders for store pickup. There are seldom any left for walk in.

6. lcseds macrumors 6502a

Possible but we may never know. The ATT backorders seem to bet getting filled far faster now. istock now, which a few days ago showed zero, now shows many in the North East and in California. Supply is improving quick.

7. thalazy macrumors regular

Not so in the Bay Area

Yesterday I saw 128gb models in stock at a Apple store that was about 40 minutes away. I picked one up as an exchange for my 64gb model. I looked when I got home and seen that many Apple stores in my area had 128gb models in stock, I even saw that my Apple store nearest me had it in stock. I am shocked; I was worried yesterday on my way to get one that it would be sold out before I got there.
    BTW these are for AT&T.

8. rgarjr, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014

rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Stock is ramping up here as well for the 128GB

Attached Files:

9. zoloacr macrumors newbie

32 GB and 64GB are in high demand and Apple put more effort on them.

10. duaneu macrumors 6502a

There is no 32 GB model.

11. PopuVamp thread starter macrumors newbie

The people who have found the 128 Gb models in store, are you talking about the 6 or the 6+? I'm looking specifically for the 6 and according the istocknow live website there are no apple stores in the country currently that have the 6 in 128 for AT&T in any color. That seems really strange to me.

12. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I ordered my 128GB iPhone 6 from an AT&T store on Oct. 24 and had it Nov. 11. It didn't seem like a big deal at the time.

13. tekkt0r macrumors member

I ordered my iPhone 6 128GB from an AT&T store last Saturday and had it in my hands Wednesday (this week).

<shrug>

Folks who can't wait a few days to get something are likely immature or extremely impatient in general.

14. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

or maybe they cannot go without a phone? You never know someones situation. If they are trading something in on EIP, need to sell a phone to pay for a phone, etc.

15. zone23 macrumors 68000

I think the 32GB will always be in short supply.

16. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

For the first time ever, my local store is showing 6+ in stock for AT&T with 128GB

17. lcseds macrumors 6502a

Easy to be smug when you lucked out on the timing. They just started shipping 128's in mass quantities so yours went out in the same batch as folks that ordered it weeks ago. So you didn't do any better than the immature and impatient people since you waited just as long also, in a sense. What an azz you are to generalize people the way you have.

18. Angler macrumors regular

I agree, glad I got mine on launch day! Lol