128 JB 7 for pick up today...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilface, Oct 2, 2016.

1. lilface macrumors member

I pre-ordered a JB 7 at target when preorders started and I've heard literally nothing from them since. Luckily I put no money down so I randomly decided to check the Apple Store and a bunch near me had the 128 JB 7 available for pick up TODAY!!! I placed my order and I'm just waiting for the confirmation to go pick it up.... so excited, I hope it's not too good to be true.

2. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

it is a great phone, i'm wanting the jb + now though gah

3. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

They are probably there. The Best Buy I went to last night had some. As long as we are not talking about 7 Pluses, you're probably good to go!

I was so tempted to jump on one myself but I want to see how prevalent some of the reported problems are because I need to go through my carrier for the upgrade this time and returns can be a hassle through the carrier. There might even be a restocking fee.

Good luck, make sure you come back and let us know here if you got it. JB is gorgeous. I am torn between JB, MB and Silver, myself.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I ordered the silver iPhone 7 in 4.7 and 5.5 iPhone 7 in Gold. I wanted a change with the white bezel. My gold has yet to arrive. The silver looks very sleek and professional. I typically purchased space gray in the past. But the silver has a brushed, matte look to it. Might be my favorite color. I passed on the Jet Black, being I am a perfectionist and the scratches would have annoyed me. Good luck.

5. lilface thread starter macrumors member

Updating.... they had it!!! And it was nuts, there were so many people there getting the same phone, that Apple store must have gotten a big shipment of them in.

Never been so happy to have a new phone and the JB is even prettier in person... I am a little disappointed though because the clear case i previous bought for it doesn't look good on it. But I found a very nice looking black/gold case that I am hoping works out well!

6. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I picked up a 128GB Jet Black 7 today, and I LOVE it. First thing I did was unbox it at Zagg right outside the store I went to and immediately had them install a clear skin on the back lol.

7. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

On launch day the 7JB was available. Couldn't believe it. In a Best Buy Mobile store in northern Ohio.

I've had two coworkers pick up the 7JB in an AT&T store here in South Florida.

The 7Plus JB? Now that's a completely different story.

8. rdub macrumors newbie

i just saw that they're in stock at my local apple store too. my order from apple is still processing and says it won't ship for another 3-5 weeks, ugh. i asked online support if i could pickup instead and they said i'd have to cancel & reorder which i'm not going to do since i ordered in time to jump on the att next free iphone 7 w/trade in promotion. guess i'll just have to wait but i'm low key annoyed :(

9. vistokid macrumors 6502

How does it look? Did it cover the sides? I'm thinking of getting a Zagg as well.

10. ojaian macrumors member

I'm in the same situation. Apple Processing Purgatory!

11. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

It looks awesome! But no, it does not cover the sides. I actually like that though, because I still get to hold the actual phone.

12. JF1178 macrumors newbie

Thats not exactly true, I was going to pick up a matte black instead of jet black at a local store, and i contacted apple and asked the same question and got the same response, but they transferred me to a customer service rep and he told me not cancel my order, to go to the store and purchase the new phone and if its there they will cancel your existing order and sell you the one in stock.

I decide to wait it out for what i originally ordered but i think its possible. I would try if they have exactly what you want, why wait weeks on a pre order you could pick up today?