128 SSD or 256 SSD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by roxygal9, May 7, 2010.

1. roxygal9 macrumors regular

roxygal9

So I am up in the air about whether I should get either the 128 or 256 SSD, and whether I should get them 3rd party or BTO from Apple when I purchase my 13 MBP?

I will be using computer mainly for school, music, etc. Not to many big files I assume. However, I will use the machine to run Win7 in Parallels.

Any suggestions on what drive I should go with? Also, if I decide to sell the computer in a year or too, would it be better ot have a bigger drive? I am sure I would not get what I paid for the drive even in a year, but if it is not much of a return difference perhaps I should go with the cheaper (128)?

2. i0s macrumors newbie

I'm deciding to get the 256, just because right now I'm using 110 gb, which doesn't leave much room to grow.

Depends on budget and how much storage you need.

3. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

I'd get the Intel 160 for $420 and put it in yourself. I'm not a big fan of anything but the Intel drives for this generation of SSDs.

4. thespazz macrumors 6502a

5. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

It depends on how much stuff you have. The 256GB SSD in my old macbook only had about 20GB of free space on it so I have a 512GB SSD in my new one :D.

6. Pikkuroope macrumors member

Why are apple offered SSDs much cheaper with i7 than i5? Temptation to buy one from Apple :rolleyes: