Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

fakesiri.jpg

A new website gives users an easy way to create fake Siri screenshots, allowing the comically inclined to create all manner of humorous -- but fake -- Siri messages.

iFakeSiri is made by the same folks as iFakeText, an iPhone text message generator. While the fake screenshots do look convincing, there is one small difference -- in the real Siri, apostrophes in the user's transcription are straight, while Siri's apostrophes are curly. In the fake Siri, both apostrophes are curly -- a small, but noteworthy difference for those trying to determine if a screenshot is real or fake.

Article Link: Website Lets Users Create Fake Siri Screenshots

dweezle3

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
Earth
Begin trolling

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-28 at 2.18.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-28 at 2.18.30 PM.png
    513.8 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Five bars on AT&T?

Clearly a fake.

(Kidding, kidding, I use AT&T, and I do get five bars sometimes. The real tip off for my friends will be the fact the time isn't in 24-hour and the battery percent isn't displayed.)

Strobe

macrumors member
May 28, 2009
You can tell it's fake because there is no way there would be that much battery left that far in the day...

jowie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
London ish
It needs proper '66' '99' quotations and apostrophes before I can send one to a friend, or it'll be too obviously a fake. :p

mrxak

macrumors 68000
One key difference I should point out is that Siri doesn't pick up on punctuation when you ask her a question, unless you're explicit...

"What is the best site for Apple rumors question mark"

Nobody would say this when talking to Siri, so Siri never shows a ? when you ask her a question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.