12mo Installment Plan Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phightinphils, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

Do you pay your monthly installment through your carrier or are you billed monthly by Apple?

2. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

If you buy through your carrier (even if it's through the Apple store), you are billed by your carrier.

3. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

The new iPhone Upgrade Program they announced today, however, will be sold and serviced by Apple. If you buy through that, you are billed by Apple.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It is 24 months (with 12 month trade in) and Citizens One is handling the financing .

5. Phightinphils thread starter macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

Saw that. Still doesn't answer my question. Is the monthly fee tacked onto my cellular bill somehow or am I billed a separate $36.58 every month on it's own charge.

6. GnarleyMarley macrumors 6502a

GnarleyMarley

I can't say for certain, but it wouldn't make sense if you were billed by your carrier for a device purchased through Apple. I would say it's safe to say that you will be billed separately, presumably by Citizens First behalf of Apple.

7. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

You basically pay monthly payments through Apple for 2 years with the option to upgrade every year, and there no up-front costs, then you just buy a SIM only plan from a carrier.

The only thing I want to know is does the price increase with every new iPhone?

8. Cryates macrumors 6502a

You're not going to pay Apple or your carrier IF you are using the Apple upgrade program. You are going to pay Citizens One, since they will handle the financing.

Same as how I actually pay Capital One for my Best Buy credit card.

9. Cryates macrumors 6502a

As long as Apple doesn't increase the price of the phones, then no, monthly rate will stay the same. Take the two year thing out of it and think of it as a 12-month program with the stipulation that you trade your current phone in.

10. mookgiants macrumors member

11. Cryates macrumors 6502a

Believe with carrier installment plans you are charged the tax up-front.

12. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

Well as I'm in the UK I haven't got a clue how long until its over here, possible at the end of this year if it does well over in the US.

But either way I'll be doing it this mean effectively 1 year would cost me £720, that's for a carrier plan and the iPhone. I know its like £30 more if I was to buy the iPhone outright but I wouldn't get Apple Care + with this. Also assuming it will be £40 over in the UK