13-15" screen use opinions wanted

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davidlv, Aug 18, 2009.

1. davidlv macrumors 65816

I am considering buying a uMBP, either a 13 or 15" as a second computer to compliment my main machine, a Power Mac G5 tower. I do translation work, with MS word and excel, several dictionaries, a mail client app and a web browser open at the same time, copying text and info back and forth from app to app. In the past I used an iBook G4 14" for this and it was barely usable, so I am concerned about buying a 13". :confused:
    In terms of portability and even desk space, the 13" seems like the best choice, and it's cheaper, allowing for a bigger HD and 4GB of RAM. Anyone care to comment or give me their opinions on the usability of the 13" as described above based on their experience?

2. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Processor is very fast and four finger swipe expose is your friend and helps big time with the display size.
    For what you've described, the 13" base model is more than sufficient.

3. wpc33 macrumors 6502

wpc33

If you're concerned that an'09 MBP & G4 iBook will be comparable in speed, why would you want to pay for one?

4. ryans79 macrumors regular

i have a new 13" and am very happy with it..
    The bigger 15" is just not worth the huge price diff imho, i would say go with the 13"er.

Hope that helped.

Cheers!