13" 2.4 MBP performance with CS5

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by impact_blue, Feb 24, 2011.

1. impact_blue macrumors regular

I need something to hold me off till a redesign. saw a 13" 2010 MBP 2.4 for $900 on CL and thinking of pulling the trigger. Im just wondering how it will handle photoshop, indesign, lightroom, illustrator, ect. Thanks!

2. DarkVinda macrumors regular

DarkVinda

I've got that model - and i havent come across any issues in photoshop - not used any of the other apps yet - but photoshop runs abs Fine!

3. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

It can run it. But it is not going to be very fast. Make sure to max out the RAM.

4. DarkVinda macrumors regular

DarkVinda

I've not come across a single issue - and i also hamer the hell out of dreamweaver - not the most intensive program agreed but still with that open itunes and about 3 other programs i dont have a single hiccup in PS...

5. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

I am not talking about stability. I am talking speed. It is just as stable on any Mac running the same version of the App and OS. I thought we were talking performance. Photoshop likes clock speed more than cores so get something at least closer to 2.8GHz. Any chip. 2.4 Core2Duo will work but it will not be a speed demon.

6. AppleGoat macrumors 6502a

I've never experienced any lag with my 2010 13" in CS5

7. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

You've never experienced speed either.
    God, you guys dont get it. There is no lag per se. The machine is slow doing most things other machines would fly on. For instance, applying filters could take 30 sec on the 2.4GHz C2D it will take 5-10 sec on a Mac Pro. Slow. Not wonkey, buggy, unstable or laggy. Just slower.