13 2019, 16GB and 2.4ghz?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by londonbairn, Aug 2, 2019.

1. londonbairn macrumors member

I have a MBP 2018 15 and iMac Pro which I adore. They are used to do more powerful tasks. The MBP is more or less rooted in the kitchen with the iMac in home office.

I picked up a MB 12 2017 for cheap a while back to use as the more mobile device (bed etc) and I find the screen just a little too small.

This then got me looking into the new MBA which then led me to the new MBP 13. Then you keep going up the ladder and before you know it you’re tempted by 2.4ghz and 16GB ram!

Reading threads here it seems there is quality differences between the 1.4 and 2.4; is the 1.4 8gb adequate for basically surfing etc, or must I really upgrade it (and then it feels like I am over spending for what I want it for!)

2. leman macrumors G3

I think you are overestimating your computational needs...

3. londonbairn thread starter macrumors member

Of course I am. So basically you’re saying the 1.4/8 is enough!

4. leman macrumors G3

Its a quad core CPU with 3.9Ghz turbo boost... in burst workflows it will outperform a 2016 or earlier 15". I'm quite sure it will be more then fine for what you want to do.

5. londonbairn thread starter macrumors member

Thanks yeah I am sure it will be fine. I’m procrastinating about 8 or 16GB, I don’t think I will need 16GB necessarily for the usage.

If the cost between the MBA and MBP wasn’t so close would have just got the MBA

6. eulslix, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019

eulslix macrumors regular

If its about surfing and casual computing i would heavily advice you to get the new iPad Pro 12.9 instead. It’s an incredibly awesome device, and its only because of certain kinds of productivity why I even consider getting myself a new MBP. The iPP is just superior in all the other aspects.

7. londonbairn thread starter macrumors member

I got one already but I’m a sucker for a laptop often when mooching around!

8. Herrpod macrumors regular

Herrpod

Easily. Ignore people trying to get you to waste 180+ on ram you don't need.

9. londonbairn thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! Got one yesterday base model but with 256

It’s spot on better on the lap than the 12 it’s replaced