13" 9400m changing spaces?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tom., Sep 14, 2009.

1. tom. macrumors 6502

tom.

Hello,
    I've recently purchased a 13" MBP 2.53, 9400M 4GB etc. Ive come from a 2.93GHz 9600GT hacintosh and I have noticed that changing spaces using ctrl+arrow isn't as fluid as it used to be (dashboard and expose are fine though). It's really frustrating me as there is only 3 or 4 windows per space and its stuttering, not severely, but enough for it to look like its struggling - not nice for a new machine.

Is this the same for everyone? It doesn't hang for any length of time, but it isn't completely smooth.

Be interested to hear from 9400m users only, obviously the dedicated card owners wont have this issue.

I'm running 1920x1080 by the way.

Cheers!

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Well what are you running in each of your spaces? That will tell you a lot...also, since you're coming from a much better video card, maybe that's why the 9400M seems slow to you?

I run my MacBook with my Dell 2709W at 1920x1200...no stuttering issues with Spaces...although I'm not used to anything particularly more powerful, so I guess I wouldn't know, but I personally don't notice any lag.

3. tom. thread starter macrumors 6502

tom.

The usual i think:
    adium, camino, mail, ical, texshop, terminal

Nothing strenuous. It's much the same with camino closed too.

It might be worth noting I didn't have snow leopard on the hacintosh either? Perhaps a slight change in animation between 10.5 and 10.6

4. tom. thread starter macrumors 6502

tom.

Looks like I found the issue, its beamsync in snow leopard. Feel free to delete this mods, I will continue in OS X forum