13" black macbook is having issues..PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dpilat, May 6, 2011.

1. dpilat macrumors newbie

I have a 13" black macbook that was bought in 2007. It has pretty standard hardware, such as 1GB of ram, 160GB HD, etc. However, it has been having problems for about a year now. The first problem it has relates to the computer lagging/skipping. The computer always lags (using a mouse or trackpad). It lags/skips when i'm browsing the internet, playing itunes (the songs actually skip and get choppy), playing a dvd using the DVD player app, and when I watch any type of video on the internet (youtube videos, flash videos; the audio gets choppy and fuzzy). The second issue I have been having is random shutdowns. Sometimes, I will be typing a report or browsing the internet and I will get an error message telling me that I have to restart the computer by holding down the power button. This has happened about 4 times. I think these issues might relate to a bad logic board, but I am not sure. Any ideas? How much does it cost to fix these issues? Thanks

2. Young Spade macrumors 68020

You might have a bad harddrive although the logic board sounds like a possible candidate as well; Are you near an Apple store? if so, you could call them up and see if you could set up an appointment or something...

3. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

I would venture a guess to say it's a bad logic board followed by (and possibly including) a hard drive with bad sectors. If you can, run apple hardware tests, tech tool pro or apple service diagnostics on both the logic board and hard drive. Backup your stuff as well!