13" C2D or 15" i5?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mynewromantica, May 25, 2010.

1. mynewromantica macrumors regular

I am going to get a MBP tonight (hopefully). I have had my heart set on a 15" i5. But now that the time has come the price feels like so much more now that it is actually coming. So i was thinking maybe the 13" will work for what I need. Here is what I need:

Play games like HL2, CS:S Left 4 Dead 2, Team Fortress 2. Mostly Source based games. This is really important that these work good.

Aperture, I need it to be fast. I hate waiting to process the RAW files.

Photoshop CS5. Again, fast. Aperture spits out 100MB+ PSDs sometimes and working with those can be a pain sometimes.

HandBrake. I rip a LOT of movies and TV shows.

Regular school stuff.

What is going to be best for me? I can stomach the cost of the i5 if it really going to be the best fit for me.

Thanks in advance

2. Kevin 177 macrumors newbie

Shell out the extra cash, would probably be worth it with all those programs

3. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

It's really up to you. A 13" will definitely do what you need it to do, but why not get the i5? I was caught in the same situation recently and i decided to go for the 15" with no regrets.

4. vant macrumors 65816

5. Batman101 macrumors member

I dont think spending over 1000 dollars on a core 2 duo device is really smart consider it is going EOL very soon.

Yeah, you might say core 2 duo can do whatever he wants to do right now. Lets say if a 486 can do whatever he wants now, should he spend over 1000 dollars for that 486 laptop just because it looks good?

6. mynewromantica thread starter macrumors regular

7. jmdMac macrumors regular

Same here. Go for it!

8. Phazer macrumors member

Even though the 13" model would work just fine, you'd might aswell get the 15" since you're spending already alot of money

9. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

good choice ;)