13" i7 Quad Core..??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Patso, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Patso macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I've always been PC and now I'm looking to change. I would like to have as much performance as possible in a small package.

So is Apple going to come out with a Macbook pro 13" with a Quad core any time soon, or ever for that matter? Anybody know something about that?

Thanks.

Patso

2. Mrguidogenio macrumors regular

Mrguidogenio

The MacBook Pro was updated in February 25 2011 so it won't be updated again until 2012.

3. Kyllle macrumors 6502

Not necessarily true. The MBP is usually updated about every 10 months or so, so a late 2011 release would be possible, with a subsequent Summer 2012 release as well.

But to answer your question, it's possible the next MBP will be quad core, but no guarantees. The current MBPs are still in mid cycle, so not many rumors have been out about what the next generation will have.

4. Patso thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks, but anybody know if it's in the works to come up in 2012 with 13" Quad core or not? Because if for sure they are not going to do it, I might just go for the 15"... But I would prefer the 13"...

Patso

5. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Ask Steve. Nobody here can give you information on what's coming out in a year from now.

6. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

I would say they are not going to, just because of the heat issues it would cause in the 13". But, with Ivy Bridge who knows.

So to conclude, they won't...unless they do, then they will. :confused:

7. Patso thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks guys... I just wanted to have an idea if I would have good odds of having a 13" Quad core if I wait a couple of months or if I should just go with the 15".

I can live with the 15", but that is the max size I will ever have and when ever they come with a smaller size Quad Core, if they ever do it, I can always change then... Thanks...

Patso

8. bniu macrumors 6502a

core i5 and i7 used in the 13" MBP are both 35W. The Quad core i7's are all 45W. I'm guessing that 10W makes a difference? MBP 13 charger is only 60W, so if CPU is 35W, I guess the rest of the system may need up to 25W more? I suppose a quad core would just be too much for a 60W system to handle?