13 in. Macbook Pro Now or later??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rockbouncer91, Oct 22, 2010.

  1. rockbouncer91 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2010
    #1
    I've wanted a macbook pro for the longest time, but could only afford one until recently. I have a asus laptop that is fine for now (C2D, 4gb ram...) but I really want to buy a new 13 inch MBP. Any advice on if I should buy it now, or just wait it out for a new one? I have heard that the cycle is ending, or a refresh might be coming out in late feb. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
     
  2. Epsilon88 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    #2
    Yes, a refresh may come in Feb, but it may not even be that significant. Can the current Macbook Pro do what you need? If so, then there's not much point in waiting. See if you can get your Pro at a Microcentre for 999.
     
  3. rockbouncer91 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2010
    #3
    Yea, I heard about that sale at microcenter and it sounds great. It might be worth getting it, or maybe black friday. I could just as well wait until Feb since my laptop that i have now does everything I need, but buying the 13 MBP was more to splurge on something. I just wasnt sure if I would show some self control or to go ahead if nothing major was goin to change.
     
  4. BurningJah macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2010
    Location:
    Belgium
    #4
    buy or wait

    If you need it now! buy now! If you can wait or save for a better pro! than wait
     
  5. urkel macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2008
    #5
    I'm due for a New MBP but Core2Duo is holding me back.

    I know all the excuses for why a 13" MUST use a Core2Duo, but I'm still disappointed that it didn't get an i5 on this announcement. C2D is pretty old now and considering this is a "Pro" machine then it's tough to justify buying one now.
     
  6. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2010
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #6
    I bought the 13" base MBP at Microcenter for $999 this summer and couldn't be happier. At that price you could almost sell it for what you paid and that makes the current model, at that discounted price, a very good investment - and now you can get iLife 11 :)
     
  7. rockbouncer91 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2010
    #7
    i completely agree with with the C2D argument also. Im really hoping for at atleast i3, although it's pretty unlikely.
     
  8. Epsilon88 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    #8
    If you're fine with waiting, then you might as well. It sounds like you have a set up already.
     

Share This Page