13 in rMBP protection: jacket, screen film, covers, etc

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jas2quick, Oct 28, 2012.

1. jas2quick macrumors newbie

jas2quick

I know the 13-in retina MacBook Pros are just barely shipping out to people who ordered online but I have yet to see any kind of protection for its screen, unibody case, etc.. Does anyone have any info on this?

The footprint of the rMBP is slightly smaller than the MBA or the regular 13s, so it will probably be awhile before 3rd party manufacturers create jackets and screen films for them, I just thought there'd be a dedicated thread for any new information regarding the matter.

2. vcash macrumors newbie

I look forward to this thread as it gets populated. I wanted to pick up a sleeve before my 13" rMBP got here and Groupon Goods is selling the Thule Gauntlet Sleeve for the MBA for $25 (Usually $50) but I don't think that this will fit since the sleeve has a tapered design. I did see a Herschel Supply sleeve (Anchor) that I think will be a good fit for the new model.

3. jas2quick thread starter macrumors newbie

jas2quick

I was also looking to get a keyboard cover skin but I've read on multiple threads that it leaves an impression / residue on the screen, specifically on the 15in rMBPs.. Maybe the thin design doesn't allow for such addition? Can we expect the same result with the 13 rMBPs?

4. neteng101 macrumors 65816

5. ender78 macrumors 6502

I tried the Thule 13" velcro sleeve at the Apple store and it works great naked in the case. I am waiting to see how well it fits with the speck case for my retina before I take the plunge. I bought a Incase 13' sleeve and it is too big for the 13" retina. I may just keep it though as it only cost me $12.