Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airmaxx28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
Hi I'm new here and new to Apple computers. I'm looking into buying a 13 rMBP but I have been hearing about performance issues due to there not being a dedicated graphics card and the dual core CPU. I really like the form factor of the 13 in because I I travel a lot and I feel the 15 in will be to big.

A little about what I'll be mainly using it for is web browsing (I usually have quit a few tabs open). Light photo editing and streaming music and videos. I will not be doing any gaming at all on the machine.

So I guess my main question is do you guys the the 13 in rMBP will be ok for what I do and if you own one do you experience any lag while doing things I mentioned above?

Any feed back would be great thanks in advance.

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I personally don't experience any lag doing those things with my rMBP 13.

But other people insist they do on some graphics heavy web pages.

xShane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2012
United States
Hi I'm new here and new to Apple computers. I'm looking into buying a 13 rMBP but I have been hearing about performance issues due to there not being a dedicated graphics card and the dual core CPU. I really like the form factor of the 13 in because I I travel a lot and I feel the 15 in will be to big.

A little about what I'll be mainly using it for is web browsing (I usually have quit a few tabs open). Light photo editing and streaming music and videos. I will not be doing any gaming at all on the machine.

So I guess my main question is do you guys the the 13 in rMBP will be ok for what I do and if you own one do you experience any lag while doing things I mentioned above?

Any feed back would be great thanks in advance.

Definitely; The 13" rMBP will be able to fit your needs in my opinion.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Web browsing, light photo editing and streaming music and video worked just fine on my mid 2009 MBP with 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD. I don't see why a newer model, with what amounts to faster EVERYTHING, wouldn't be able to handle it.

airmaxx28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
Thanks for the responses guys, I have just been reading that the CPU and integrated graphics wasn't enough to power all the extra pixels in the retina display and people were experiencing lag doing just basic things.

I just wanted to get some real world user feedback.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.