13 inch early 2015 Macbook Pro became slow

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Sogeo, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Sogeo macrumors newbie

Hello

I like playing games like agar.io, slither.io, diep.io, etc. some of you may know them. I had no issues at all playing these but after upgrading to OS Sierra it has become impossible to play them. It lags and stutters and after a few minutes I get a pop up saying my mac has run out of application memory. I am not running any other application except for my browser.

Has anyone had any similar problems? I find it very disappointing that such an expensive machine can't run these games without any issues. I know people with cheap 500 dollar Windows laptops which can play these without any issue..

I also noticed my macbook became slower overall, even booting takes longer. I don't mind the booting time, it's just something I noticed. I tried doing a clean install but the issues are the same..

Thanks in advance!

2. Miltz macrumors 6502a

Perhaps the new 10.12.3 build will solve your issues. Your laptop is too new to experience such slow downs with a new OS. I upgraded a 2010 MacBook Pro 15" and it runs great with sierra.

3. Sogeo thread starter macrumors newbie

I just installed the new 10.12.3 build and it didn't fix anything. I've been having these issues since the first release of OS Sierra so I didn't really get my hopes up..

It's so frustrating that such an expensive machine can't do basic things like that..

Thanks for the reply though!

4. Miltz macrumors 6502a

Perhaps go back to El Cap or call apple and see what they say.

5. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Sounds like an application-level issue or incompatibility problem between Sierra and the app. Perhaps contact the developers and file a bug report.

6. stockscalper, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017

stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

My 2010 MBA on Sierra is slow and I get a lot of beach balls. Hoping the next upgrade fixes it. Even my new MBP gets occasional beach balls with Sierra.