13 inch i7 MBA 2013 - Battery Charge Declining

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ScottSyke, Jul 14, 2013.

1. ScottSyke macrumors newbie

I've had my new air for nearly three weeks. I've been using it normally; work, school, home. I'm getting about 8-9 hours from it.

My specs are: 13" 8GB Ram 256 SSD and i7.

My charge on the battery is already at 98% and has been decreasing ever since I purchased this model. Here is a screen grab:

[​IMG]

Can other users post their results for the i7 model?

2. ylrd macrumors member

ylrd

i7/8GB/256GB here.

[​IMG]

I just installed the app so there's no saved data, so my results might not be 100% reliable.

3. InfinitiG macrumors 6502

Is this your first laptop? Are you 16 years old?

Stop checking coconut every 6 hours, batteries fluctuate and its perfectly normal

No 2 batteries are alike

Do some research on batteries

4. ylrd macrumors member

ylrd

No need to be rude but you have a point. Getting obsessed over the mAh is insane... and unnecessary.

Just use and enjoy the laptop. The battery is fine.

5. Sycren macrumors newbie

I returned mine on Friday. I was only receiving 6-8 hours of battery life. 8 hours with no application running. 6 hours with a dozen of tabs open in Chrome. Nothing strenuous.

I should have waited before buying so that all the issues with this generation could be fixed. I'll wait for a couple more months.

6. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

What are you talking about?

What are the variables? 8 hours with no apps is excellent, but what was the screen brightness set to for example? What background tasks were running?

And how do you people find so much free time to let it standby for 8 hours doing nothing? Don't you have any work to do?

7. larry918 macrumors regular

I'm having quite the opposite effect that the OP is having, and I'm not complaining. I've always been someone who can't stand less than full-brightness, and I'm absolutely stunned by the result. Downloading multiple files in the background, music playing, surfing safari, and reading an ebook. It's at 67 percent, and is steadily showing 8-9 hours. What's more, the current capacity shown on coconutBattery is actually HIGHER than the design capacity. It's saying 7306 mAH. I am more than pleased :)