13 inch MacBook Pro. Decisions..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MexicanMac, Oct 20, 2010.

  1. MexicanMac macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2010
    #1
    I am in the process of acquiring my first MAC and will go with the MBP 13 inch since its a good size plus for money reasons its right on the spot. The issue that I currently have is if I should wait to buy one or if I should just go ahead and buy it?

    I know that in the even, "Back to Mac" it was announced that some new software upgrades will be happening, but will this mean that current MBP owners can't download an upgrade and get this new software (ilife 11) or are they simply screwed with what they got?

    My concern was with the Intel Core 2 Duo in the 13 inch MBPs, so do you think Apple will upgrade to an i3 or i5 on these ones? if so, how long till this happens?

    I just need some good advice since I am making my switch to MAC and want to make a good smart move.

    Thanks in advance,

    Ed
     
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #2
    Maybe in a couple of months. Don't hold your breath.
     
  3. iHalo macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2008
    #3
    Hi there, I'm currently using a MacBook Pro, 13 inch 2010 model! You'll be very happy with it. The upgrade to i3 is not a big one, and if you aren't doing anything like Photoshop CS5 you will not need the i5 processor. I am currently running Safari with 8 tabs, Skype, Pages, Finder, iTunes, Mail, Adium (Message Client), and everything is running as smooth as always! The base model is great in all conditions. If you want an upgrade that an ordinary user would notice, take a look at Solid State Drives. This will make booting up the computer and programs much faster :)
     
  4. alust2013 macrumors 601

    alust2013

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2010
    Location:
    On the fence
    #4
    You won't need to worry about not being able to update software, it can be upgraded quite easily. If you really don't do anything very heavy, you would never notice the difference between the C2D and i3 or i5. If you need one now, I wouldn't hesitate to get it. I think the C2D will be with us for a little while yet.
     
  5. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2010
    #5
    I would say go for it! I'm currently using a 2.4 C2D 13" and i feel speed is fine. An upgrade to i3 wouldnt be that much better. i5 would, but expect prices to be higher, and less battery life.
     

Share This Page