13-inch MacBook Pro or 15-inch MacBook Pro for illustrator?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FAN FAN, Apr 13, 2016.

1. FAN FAN macrumors newbie

FAN FAN

Hey guys!

I need a new Mac Pro for work and I don't know which is better for an illustrator.

13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display or 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display?

I'm an illustrator and amateur photographer, my work involves making illustrations (usually with a tablet), 2D animations, printing design, textile design. And I'm not a gamer.

My most frequently used software is Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. I like keeping my email and a couple web browser pages open. I dabble in web design for my personal portfolio site, but it's not my priority.

Thanks in advance to all who had the patience to read and answer this! I have read tons of similar threads but none quite fit my situation.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Either will be fine for your usage. But with regards to longevity I'd lean towards the 15" rMBP. It's considerably more powerful and will easily handle anything that you can throw at it.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd opt for the 15" MBP, I think the extra screen real estate and quad core processors will be a benefit for you using the Adobe products. Additionally, the 15" model has a much better GPU. My $.02

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Yep got to agree with the others the 15 inch, mainly for screen real estate but you apps will definitely benefit from the quad core CPU.

5. kiwipeso1 Suspended

kiwipeso1

If you can wait for the June update to the Macbook Pro, then you may find the graphics power to be highly worth it for the adobe apps.