13 inch RMBP 2015 stains that wont go away?!?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by salvator, Oct 15, 2016.

1. salvator macrumors regular

Hi,
    I have a RMBP 13inch 2015 model.
    I always take care and adore my machines and only clean the screen with a microfiber cloth.
    Recently I noticed such stains like these in the picture which wont go away at all no matter how I try cleaning it even with little water?

Is this normal wear and tear as my machine is one year old or is the screen coating peeling off?
    Although when the screen is on, I can't see them.

Attached Files:

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Without pictures, no one has assistance to offer.

3. salvator thread starter macrumors regular

This cannot be stagnate as the coating isn't peeling?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 15, 2016 ---
    Have attached a picture

4. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Looks like the AR coating is being rubbed off where the keys touch the screen.

5. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

It's not staingate..I have the same problem but not so visible.

There are dust particles that had entered in the screen because of the keyboard keys. When you carry your rmbp in your backpack make sure the books or other items don't put pressure on your notebook. Also you can put a micro-fiber cloth between the screen and the keyboard :).
    Macbook Air also suffers of this problem :D.

Stop looking at your screen when it's off xD. These stains are invisible when the screen is on :)

6. salvator thread starter macrumors regular

Hi yes but is there any way of getting them off?
    I don't carry my mbp anywhere its only at home so I'm wondering how this is happening.
    Apple doesn't advise to put anything on the keyboard while closing the computer thats why I'm hesitant .

Could I use a keyboard cover and then remove it everytime before i close the lid, hence the keyboard wont get dirt stains?

Is this covered by Apple Care any chance?

7. GoofyCyborg macrumors member

Looks like staingate to me. Hard to tell for sure because of the flash reflection in the pic!

Take it to an Apple store.

8. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

Good advice directly above.
    Visit the nearest brick-n-mortar Apple Store, pronto !!

9. salvator thread starter macrumors regular

Dont have an apple store in my country, only have authorized service centers who aren't very useful and wont know much.

If its stagnate then i should be able to see that spot even when the screen is on, is that correct?
    I can only see these spots when the screen is switched off.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Oil from finger on keys might be attacking the screen surface. I have had many MBPro units and never had this happen.

11. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

You can't take them off. But it's not staingate.
    I think it's covered because it's a device malfunction.

You could use a keyboard cover but it's kinda frustrating to take it off and put it back so many times.
    You could use a micro-fiber cloth to clean the keyboard often :p.

12. salvator thread starter macrumors regular

I use a microfiber cloth so I'm surprised as to how this happened?
    Also is it a device malfunction or will they term it as physical damage?

My screen is a little uneven already the right side being a little darker then the left but its gone through 3 repairs and i am waiting for the new macs to come out and then i can ask apple to replace my machine only instantly instead of repairing it for the 4th time

13. creamz macrumors member

creamz

I had this problem 3 weeks ago. Two horizontal lines well spaced in the middle of the screen. I thought that I had scratched it and got pretty upset. I wiped off the dust on my screen today and noticed it had grown another line, this time is vertical. I have a feeling it will just keep on spreading. It is only noticeable when I shine under direct light so I am quite ok with it.

@salvator Have u changed yours already? It is recurring problem and looks like Apple has not fixed the root cause yet. I have not changed mine yet because I am worried by the time it happens again, I can no longer change mine and I am stuck with the bad screen. I plan to use mine at least 5 years.

14. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I would just leave well enough alone then. Your machine could come back to you even worse if you have to take it to one of your know-nothing service centers.