13 inch rMBP how to check for image retention?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by applefanboy5, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. applefanboy5 macrumors member

Can anyone explain to me how to check for image retention?thanks

2. Maczor macrumors regular

If it's not obvious that it exists, why bother forcing it?
    Can't you just be happy with your purchase?

3. applefanboy5 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the reply, i just want to check if my macbook is affected

4. xxcysxx macrumors 6502

just load the checker board and expand to fit the screen and wait for fifteen to thirty minutes then switch to a grey background. if you see ghost of the checker board then you have image persistence.

but seriously, isn't it better not to know it then to know it and not able to go to sleep with it?
    i mean you already know you have a high chance of having it, so why bother with it, just enjoy it.

5. nanolife macrumors 6502

nanolife

If you can't see it during normal usage then it is not affected. Isn't obvious? :confused:

6. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

Don't go looking for it. I made this mistake and went a little crazy for a while.

It is likely that most 13" MacBook Pros will be affected as Samsung probably isn't supplying screens for this model. Some will have it only slightly, others will have it to an unacceptable extent. Just use your MacBook as normal and if you notice it and it begins to bother you take it to the Genius Bar and they should be able to swap out the screen for you.

7. tadziak macrumors regular

First switch off your screen saver and display going to sleep or set it to long period of time. Then set the dark gray solid color as your desktop background and then start up Google.com website, leave the main page for around 15 min, then hide the window and check for any retention, left overs of the browser image.

8. whiteonline macrumors 6502

whiteonline

After you find evidence of image retention, please do not start a new thread complaining about it. :rolleyes:

I agree with the majority; I would rather not know. More than likely it wont affect daily use.

9. JoJo Zzang macrumors member

Sometimes ignorance is bliss...

10. iScreamSanWitch macrumors member

If your macbook IS affected, can you please come back and let us know? I'd like to point out how everyone else was correct in their advise to not go looking for it lol..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.