13 inch TB MBP Keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sjnjhj, Nov 27, 2016.

1. sjnjhj macrumors newbie

sjnjhj

I have the 13 inch Touch bar MBP ... I am noticing my enter key seems a bit ''stuck'' compared to the rest of the other larger keys , like when I press it, it doesn't feel as sunken in as the others ... does anyone else have this issue with the enter key or any other key where it feels like it is not being depressed but feels somewhat stuck? it does respond but I am noticing a definite difference ...

2. vmflapem macrumors 6502

Yes it has shorter travel distance and it is normal. I made a transition from 2013 MBP to the recent Macbook (not pro) Retina, which has an even shorter travel distance. At first I was disgusted by the short travel distance because it kinda felt like typing on an iphone screen but I got used to it very quickly. Now it doesn't bother me at all and I like it just as much as I like any other normal keyboards. It's different but you'll get used to it

3. Kajje, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016

Kajje macrumors 6502a

Kajje

I have similar experiences with my MBr which uses the same style of keyboard, albeit a slight older version of it.

I regularly have keys that seems to stuck on the keyboard base, as if there's a bit of dried-up coca cola under it. Yesterday the 'esc' key was stuck, a week ago it was another key.

I must admit, my macbook travels a lot, it's often being used during breakfast and lunches in coffee shops and the like. It's used in heavy aircon'ed areas as well as on the beachside or parts of the world with extremely high humidity. It gets dry/wet shocks multiple times a day.

I mostly 'fix' it by pounding the key heavily until it releases. Not the nicest thing to do but this is the toll of calling - everything but the kitchen sink - my office.