13 inch w/touchbar vs 15 standard inch vs wait for 2018 models?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by futurejetblackowner, Jun 3, 2018.

  1. Joined:
    Oct 24, 2016
    To make a long story long, so last week I ruined my MacBook ‘13 Pro 2015. I was eating some fish and spilled it everywhere. I shopped it to Apple who wanted $750 and then a third party repair shop that initially said it wouldn’t cost more than $500 but went back on their word because even the motherboard was ruined. He offered me a used 2015 Mac for $500 but I don’t trust him.

    I intially refused to buy a new Mac because I didn’t want to spend twice the cost of a repair since my current Mac works fine. But it’s only 128gb and I’ve run of out storage so it’s time for an upgrade.

    ‘13 is a good size for me but I’m considering swinging for the standard ‘15 because of the quad core processor and larger size (even though size isn’t really a major deciding factor). If I get the ‘13, I’d want a touchbar and 16gb ram. The ‘15 also has 16gb of RAM and 256 gb but not touchbar. Do you guys think the touchbar could be worth it in the future as more apps support it?

    If I wait for the 2018 model, when will it likely be released? I know it should announced tomorrow. Alright, peace.
  2. Wreckus macrumors 6502a


    Jan 22, 2015
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    wait until after the WWDC conference tomorrow to see what apple announces.
  3. moostrax Contributor


    Jun 4, 2018
    I think that you should look for a used one on ebay! I got a used Touch Bar 13" 2016 for close to $1k with AppleCare. There could be a 2018 MBP announcement of the "Late 2018" variety, but I'm very happy with my purchase, especially at that price. While the keyboard is a topic of unrest for some, it has been a non-issue for me. After using it quite a bit, I actually like it. The touchbar has integrated well into my daily productivity/consumption as well and at this point I prefer it to the functions keys! USB-C is awesome, and if you need more connectivity, a hub isn't the worst thing.

    I would recommend looking for one with AppleCare if you decide to go this route. Happy hunting!
  4. tubeexperience macrumors 68040

    Feb 17, 2016
    Sent it to Louis Rossmann.

    He can repair it for ~$300
  5. futurejetblackowner thread starter Suspended

    Oct 24, 2016
    I just called and they wanted a lot more than that

Share This Page