13'' low end vs 13'' high end for Lion OS

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by scmarcos, Feb 28, 2011.

1. scmarcos macrumors member

Do you think that getting the 13'' with i7 will be helpfull when upgrading to Lion OS???

2. jakku macrumors newbie

I dont think so. People say it's works better on older MB, so I think with new mbp 13" 2,3ghz works very well ;)

3. Hallivand macrumors regular

Hallivand

Any Macbook with a 64 bit processor (so since around 2007ish) should run Lion rather well. So any Macbook you buy now will have plenty horsepower to run it, this isnt like Windows where every upgrade necessitates a hardware upgrade.

i.e Snow Leopard was faster than Leopard on the same hardware, with all this iOS influencing and such I highly doubt the system requirements will be more than SL.

Hell even the new Airs should be comfortable running them ;)

4. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

The new airs should definitely run them or apple will look very foolish since every shot of lion they use is on an air.

I was in you same boat i went with the low end 13" because i was able to up the ram to 8gb and the hard drive to 750gb since this will be replacing my early 09 imac. Unless you really need that processor oomph go for the base and upgrade the other areas like ram/hdd/or go with an ssd. mine should be here some time this week.