13" Mac in 15" bag?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shakeman0, Jan 29, 2010.

1. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Hi all,

I have a 13" Mac and was thinking about purchasing a 15.4" laptop bag. I really like the style of the bag put wasn't sure if the size difference would be that big of a deal. Could the computer be damaged? Oh, I also have the Incase hardshell case on the laptop.

Any opinions would be great,

Thanks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

With the hard shell and providing it is in a sleeve it should be ok. I think any larger would likely be at risk for movement. Then again, how active are you with a laptop on your shoulder?

3. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

1BadMac

I actually just recently got the Timbuk2 Commute 2.0 bag, Medium. I have a 13" mid-09 MBP and a 15" 08 MBP for work. The 15" is "snug" - almost too snug, but it works. The 13" just feels like it fits better, not quite as snug, but definitely not loose. Not sure how else to describe it. Of course, your results may vary depending on which bag, so I can only suggest to you that you take your Mac with you and try out a couple if you can.

4. dr.devious macrumors regular

dr.devious

I put my MacBook Pro 13 in a InCase sleeve and into my Oakley Kitchen Sink bag and it works awesome!