13 Macbook Air VS Lenovo X1 Carbon

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Ndynslvr, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Ndynslvr macrumors newbie

These are two brilliant machines in my opinion, however recognize that I am not into the default OS of either system, since my primary operating system is Linux.

Side by side, with similar configuration, they are priced about the same, with Lenovo being cheaper during their various sales.

Let's compare them:

Lenovo has a better keyboard, the trackpoint, matte screen (IPS), More horizontal pixels, and slightly better battery life. The Macbook Air on the other hand has a shiny apple logo for aesthetics (though it lacks the black overall color), plus a better touchpad. Oh and the ability to upgrade to 512 gb ssd is a BIG one.

...That and the fact that it's default OS is better in the Macbook Air, and that important since I prefer to use a virtual machine.

...And I CAN'T STAND WINDOWS 8.

...However if the Macbook air upgrades to 1080p, IPS, 16 gb max ram, 10+ hour battery life I'd buy it.

...Oh and I would also buy the macbook air guaranteed if they made it black.

...But that's just my opinion, what's yours?

2. Sech macrumors member

I just ordered a number of X1's for my sales staff. We're a Windows shop and this was the best machine I could find to match the aesthetics of the Air. Personally, I still prefer the Air and if we were ready to bring Mac's in for everyday use, we would have gone that direction.