13" Macbook Pro: 2.26 GHz or 2.53 GHz for WoW?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Zeo91, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Zeo91 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, i am having trouble deciding which mbp 13in model i should get? i'm going to be using this notebook mostly for college work, listening to music, surfing the internet, chatting online, and playing world of warcraft.

My main question though is that would world of warcraft run well on the base model 2.26ghz, its cheaper and would save me money or is it worth it to spend extra bucks for the 2.53ghz for bigger memory/hard drive and if that would to help playing WoW smoother?

I don't think there'll be much of a difference for me as far as graphics which im fine with what the 13in provides. I just don't want to spend my money on a nice Mac and then regret not getting a faster processing speed. Thanks everyone!

2. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I would keep the money and put it towards 4GB of ram and a faster drive, possibly a SSD.

3. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

I'd wait a week or two and see if new MBPs are released.

4. Cboss macrumors 6502

The faster processor won't make much, if any, difference in WoW. Your speed bottleneck will be the graphics card, and since you're fine with its performance, then I would recommend saving your money and getting the cheaper one. As mentioned above, I would upgrade to 4 GB of RAM, that would help WoW the most, especially if you have other programs running while playing.

5. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

i would wait till the updates, however, my philosophy with buying laptops is to buy the highest processor speed if you want it to last awhile since you can't upgrade it.

6. kmaute macrumors 6502

kmaute

I agree with the poster above. Go with the 2.26 and max your RAM and an SSD for the best possible effect. 2.26Ghz is very fast for all but the most demanding applications and the SSD/extra RAM ensures that you can feed it. Good luck.

7. newdeal macrumors 68020

8. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

9. Jayomat macrumors 6502a

Jayomat

this

10. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

11. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

Exactly. Totally agree with you.