13" Macbook Pro 2010 Arrow keys stiff/sticky

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BrickbookPro, Aug 3, 2011.

1. BrickbookPro macrumors regular

So I have been using the Apple wireless keyboard, which I like a lot. Mostly my keyboard on my computer is great, but today when I decided to sit on the couch instead of my office space. As such, I wasn't going to use my wireless keyboard.

When I went to play a game (Asphalt 6 from the app store), which relies heavily on the arrow keys, I noticed a couple things. The keys don't always register when pressed in. They require a substantially firmer press (i.e. once pressed in, they must be pressed in further to register). It is especially apparent with the down arrow but also with the others. I know that I haven't spilled any food or liquids in the keyboard and there is no gunk build up as I am extremely anal about keeping food and liquids well away from my electronics and only using them when my hands are clean.

My question is, is this normal? Should I bring it in? I've already had the top case replaced once because heat was warping the metal at the bottom of the slot drive. I guess it's fine except for that one issue, it just is a bit of an annoyance. Will I be taken seriously?

I should also mention that the issue is less noticeable in other programs, but still there. If I press the key in lightly so that it is pressed in, it doesn't register but not nearly to the same effect as in the game.

2. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

That doesn't sound right to me. I'd recommend taking the computer in to a Genius Bar at an Apple Store (if one is available in your area) or contact an Apple Authorized Service Provider to get it taken care of.

3. BrickbookPro thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, alright. Since it isn't an urgent thing, I'll probably wait 'til things settle down a bit. For most work it sits on my desk and I use a wireless keyboard... Thanks!