Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrickbookPro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
So I have been using the Apple wireless keyboard, which I like a lot. Mostly my keyboard on my computer is great, but today when I decided to sit on the couch instead of my office space. As such, I wasn't going to use my wireless keyboard.

When I went to play a game (Asphalt 6 from the app store), which relies heavily on the arrow keys, I noticed a couple things. The keys don't always register when pressed in. They require a substantially firmer press (i.e. once pressed in, they must be pressed in further to register). It is especially apparent with the down arrow but also with the others. I know that I haven't spilled any food or liquids in the keyboard and there is no gunk build up as I am extremely anal about keeping food and liquids well away from my electronics and only using them when my hands are clean.

My question is, is this normal? Should I bring it in? I've already had the top case replaced once because heat was warping the metal at the bottom of the slot drive. I guess it's fine except for that one issue, it just is a bit of an annoyance. Will I be taken seriously?

I should also mention that the issue is less noticeable in other programs, but still there. If I press the key in lightly so that it is pressed in, it doesn't register but not nearly to the same effect as in the game.

Kyzelios

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2011
Canada
That doesn't sound right to me. I'd recommend taking the computer in to a Genius Bar at an Apple Store (if one is available in your area) or contact an Apple Authorized Service Provider to get it taken care of.

BrickbookPro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
That doesn't sound right to me. I'd recommend taking the computer in to a Genius Bar at an Apple Store (if one is available in your area) or contact an Apple Authorized Service Provider to get it taken care of.

Hmm, alright. Since it isn't an urgent thing, I'll probably wait 'til things settle down a bit. For most work it sits on my desk and I use a wireless keyboard... Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.