13 Macbook Pro 7,1. Screen flickers and shuts off..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kaspervissing, Jun 5, 2012.

1. kaspervissing macrumors newbie

Hi gyus.

Im trying to fault finding on this friends macbook pro..
    info:
    13 Macbook Pro 7,1. Geforce 320M graphic. 4Gb Ram...

when booting up, it shows the apple logo but it seems quite blurry an some flickering in the left side of screen.. when its boots into OSX its start flashing on/off (solid off) and a while after it shuts completely off.. after some time it might blink 1 or 2 times...

BUT..

when i connect my cinema screen it works well (only cinema), but still the internal screen is malfunctioned...

Any idea? screen cable? I dont think its the backlight, because of the flickering in left side)

no more warranty and no apple care..

Br
    Kasper

2. kaspervissing thread starter macrumors newbie

if I dim the light to 1 or 2 "steps" from off the screen is not flickering but still still ghosting... if I dim up for more than the 2 steps its starts flickering, so the more Power the backlight uses the more it fails..

3. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Try reseating the LDVS cable. It looks like you might have a defective cable, or screen. If it is showing up fine on an external monitor, your graphics card should be fine. Try going into energy saver preferences and selecting better graphics- this will change your graphics card (assuming the 13' has 2), and then you can see if it is that..

4. kaspervissing thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi. Thanks for your answer.
    the 13"only have one graphic card. so my only option is to reseat the screen cable..

5. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Let me know how it goes! :)