13" Macbook Pro Battery Issue ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mx34u, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Mx34u macrumors newbie

My brand new Macbook Pro 13" battery seems to go super fast (3hrs) and Im just surfing the web. Also it charged all night and day but doesn't hit 100% it was 98% or so. Maybe my imagination but my other older Macbook 15" held a charge a lot longer. Thanks! :)

Attached Files:

2. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

While you might be "just" browsing the web, if there is any Flash content in the pages you visit, your battery life will take a nosedive.

In short, Flash behaves like a PoS and is a massive resource hog under OS X.

3. Mx34u thread starter macrumors newbie

I have flash disabled as its the scum of the internet :D I installed a 128GB SSD if that makes any difference.

4. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

Screen brightness? I usually get the best battery run time out of my MBP when I set it to less than 50%.

Otherwise your battery info looks pretty good - you've got a healthy battery.

Do the calibration, since it's brand new, and see if that helps.

5. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

1BadMac

My SSD actually seemed to give a minor improvement in my battery life. I also switched from memory leak nation (i.e. Firefox & Safari) to Chrome. I can consistently get over 6 hours.

Have you watched your activity monitor to see if you have any rogue background processes performing activity? Also, are you starting up a bunch of programs?

On the SSD, I did implement the NOATIME so it would not keep writing out that time stamp.

I also keep my screen brightness to 1-3 bars in most cases.