13" MacBook Pro + Beer.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EthanP, May 4, 2013.

1. EthanP macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Last night I was having a few drinks and accidentally knocked my beer over onto my MacBook. I Immediately flipped it over and cleaned the mess. The computer didn't shut down or anything i just left it on. There wasn't much maybe about half a cup. I let it sit outside opened and upside down for most of the day today. There seems to be nothing wrong with it all. Everything works. I have been reading many posts and most people are saying to take it to get cleaned. I live hours away from the closest Apple store or computer store for that matter so that really isn't an option for me. So I guess I'm just wondering if since it's fine and showing no signs of damage that I got lucky?. Or could there potentially be issues with it down the road? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Ethan.

2. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

There are many many many threads about liquid damage.

It's too late, but you should of shut it off right away if it turned off by its self or not.

If it's working fine then that's great but it might randomly die in the future. Could be a week, month or a few years. But then again maybe it won't :)

Good luck!

3. thundersteele macrumors 68030

If you don't mind the beer smell and sticky keys then just be happy that it still works.

I don't know if Apple Stores would do the cleanup, but certainly some computer repair shops will offer that service.

4. DesertEagle macrumors 6502a

DesertEagle

Even after it has dried, the electronic circuits will corrode. You should (as always) make backup copies as often as you can.

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I'd say make a backup of whatever is important now and store whatever you can in the cloud from now on. You never know when the computer might stop working.

6. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Everyone who has anything remotely important on his computer should follow this advice.