13" Macbook Pro Buying Advise! --Help!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mobiar, Jun 16, 2010.

1. mobiar macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Hey everyone,i am torn between two computers to purchase. Its either an (a) 13" Macbook Pro 2.4GHZ from Microcenter for $999, or a (B)used but in new condition 13" Macbook Pro 2.53ghz with 3 years Apple Care from a guy on craigslist for $1050. I feel like the craigslist choice is a better buy, but everyone likes to buy new. Will i see a difference with the 2.53GHZ?? It will be used for CS4 and occasional video editing. Please help me out. Thanks!

H

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You won't feel a difference, the 130MHz are not noticeable, unless you encode hours after hours after days after days of video and like to shave off some minutes per day or two.

Btw, MRoogle would have answered you the difference question.

I would go the Microcenter way, as you have the insurance of it being no scam.

Also look here for better prices.

3. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

Go new...you don't want this to be your first Graigslist scam (as mentioned above). As far as speed, I can't tell the difference between mine (2.53) and a coworkers (2.26??) MBP running the same software.