13" Macbook Pro cannot run Civilization V on "High" settings.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Adamantoise, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

It's a shame, the game really does look good on my desktop PC ... On my laptop though it looks like arse. :(

It's my fault, I never did anticipate that I would be playing games on my computer.

2. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

I wouldn't say its your fault.

I would say that no one should expect to run the newest games on max settings on any 13" laptop.

3. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Really? I ran Portal 2 and Half Life 2 on their highest settings with no lag. I've never played Civilization but I'm pretty sure it doesn't take too much to run on highest settings. Anyways, I'm assuming you're talking about the graphics but remember, graphics aren't everything, play the game for the... well game.

4. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

This is the truth, you're going to need an actual graphics card for such things to take place. Just turn the AA and textures down a wee bit and you're golden, my friend :).

5. Adamantoise thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll try that, currently I'm playing on 4xAA and the water doesn't have that sparkle the hills seem to be missing some shadows and textures.

But I guess it shouldn't matter as Civ is a turn based strategy game (still it's nice to admire units on the map)