13" MacBook Pro (Early 2011) Not Charging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DoodlyDoo, Oct 23, 2011.

1. DoodlyDoo macrumors newbie

I have a 13" MacBook Pro, spilled water on it, took it apart, dried the logic board, put it back together and it works fine. Only problem is, using the default charger, it says not charging for a few seconds and then the light on the adapter turns off and the computer is no longer even plugged in. And the screen dims its normal amount for when you unplug it. However, when I use a replacement adapter from my other MacBook, it will stay plugged in and the light on the adapter will stay green, but it will stay "not charging". What part should I replace to get this up and running normal again?, I'm sure it's the logic board, but that's costly. Also, if I just use the replacement adapter, and it stays "not charging" will it die? Or will it stay on as long as I leave it plugged in? Please help.

2. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

I have a friend with the same problem, and for her she was only able to use her computer plugged in as it wouldn't charge. You have to get the logic board replaced. If Apple won't do it, there are companies on eBay that say they can for <$200.

3. hafr macrumors 68030

Why don't you go to your closest Apple retailer, tell them it doesn't charge and ask them to help you?

4. DoodlyDoo thread starter macrumors newbie

im afraid to ask an expert for help without telling them i spilled water on it, because once they get it apart, they might notice water damage