Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAlexG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
UK
I have just received all the cable to connect my Macbook Pro to my 40" Samsung HDTV. mini display port dvi --> dvi to hdmi adapter --> HDMI cable plus a RCA audio cable. It will connect and the sound is fine but on the TV the Menu bar (at top) is gone but only because the TV seems to be cutting it off and 1/2 inch of the dock is gone too (this is using mirroring displays). I have also tried switching off mirror displays and transfer the menu bar and dock over but you still cannot see the menu bar and you can barely see the dock, also some of the sides are cut off. Help please. Its not a huge problem but it would be nice to be able to see the whole screen.

iAlexG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
UK
I have now changed the tv's display resolution but that did nothing

MacMini2009

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2009
California
Check if you TV is set to Full Screen or another resolution. Now in display preferences, uncheck overscan and see if that helps. Try changing the resolution also. Tell me if this helps!

iAlexG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
UK
I have changed the tv's settings and it is fine now. Thanks I dont know why I didnt think of that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.