Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeremy C.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
Texas
Hi there, I have had my Macbook Pro for two months, as of yesterday. I have been very careful with my it and my charger as this is my first time owning an Apple computer. Well this has been happening for a while now, but started happening much more often as of a week ago. When I have my magsafe charger plugged in, I have to hold it in a certain way for it to work. Well today after it not working, I decided to check the pins; Well the wire actually fell out. So now I have a wire and the actual connector seperated completely. So what do I do now?

Info:
Macbook Pro 13"
L style Magsafe Charger
Owned for about two months now.
Has only had to endure a couple of trippings.

Just let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks!
Jeremy

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Take it to you local Apple store, or Authorised repair centre. They will get you a new one, hopefully for free.

Jeremy C.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
Texas
That's what I'm hoping. Thankfully I've got a friend who's going to loan their charger to me until I get a new one.

RsBddy929

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2010
Michigan/Georgia
Apple is usually pretty good about replacing things if you got them that soon. Take it to your local Apple Store, or give them a call - they can probably hook you up. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.