13" MacBook Pro NonTouch Bar

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WolfMB2008, Nov 9, 2017.

1. WolfMB2008 macrumors member

WolfMB2008

I just exchanged the 2017 MacBook Air to the 13" MacBook Pro 256gb nTb, I was wondering if any of you have the same, how's the battery life? The air says 12 hours but nTb is 9?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Well you have just set it up so it’s spotlight indexing that will take a while and impact battery life. It will take a couple of charge cycles and a couple of days to settle down they always do.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple...017-i5-without-Touch-Bar-Review.234282.0.html

Thee are many great reviews of the battery life notebook check says 11.5 hours but it will entirely depend on your usage it can be anywhere from 78 minutes at full brightness and cpu load up to 12 to 13 hours at very low brightness and usage.

3. WolfMB2008 thread starter macrumors member

WolfMB2008

I'm running on battery right now. I've been not using the charger for like 2-4 hours and its still going good. I'm checking activity monitor and earlier it was 12 hours, 14 hours, watching youtube, now its 5:13hours..so I'm taking, depends on what I'm doing..its gonna go up and down I guess. How do you guys go thru your cycles in the first couple of days? in your ways ? maybe share it with me how you guys manage it.

And Im thinking of getting the 128gb instead of keeping 256gb, mainly cos I don't do any video/photo editing, I'm just online watching / streaming movies / email / word for homework / youtube / saving photos I take of family/friends..I have maybe 500 songs on Apple Music or a bit more. 80 movies (all up in the iCloud tho) so ...whats your take? should I keep the 256 for future? in case I go into heavier usage or?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---

Attached Files:

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

I personally think 256gb is the minimum requirement these days even a few 4K iPhone videos can start to fill up 128gb or one game can be 50gb and SSDs really like 10gb kept free as overhead.

I would just not worry about the battery that sounds like it’s behaving perfectly normally. Charge it when you can use it on battery when you want and enjoy it as the portable it’s meant to be. It will need a new battery in about 5 years whatever you do so why worry about it.

5. WolfMB2008 thread starter macrumors member

WolfMB2008

Thank you for the reassurance about the storage, lol, it helps knowing I'm making the right choice.
    And thanks for the reassurance about the battery, yes, why worry :] I guess my anxiety ( I have social anxiety ) so I worry and tend to overthink everything. It's an amazing machine. my mindset is still getting use to having this laptop cos my 2008 mb wouldn't hold a single charge so its getting some used to. anyway thank you :)