13" MacBook Pro now or wait...again?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soleilvie, Apr 14, 2010.

1. soleilvie macrumors member

I am not in desperate need for a new computer since I am currently using a late 2007 13" MacBook so I haven't even had it for three years yet. However, I have been following the rumors lately because I would like to upgrade to a MacBook Pro, whether it be now or later down the track. Depending on what the updates were going to be, I was considering buying a new computer early. The 15" is way to expensive for me which only leaves the two 13" options. I probably don't even need one of the new processors since I only use it for web browsing, iTunes, iPhoto, Word; no Photoshop or gaming, just the basic programs. But like a lot of people on here, I wouldn't like to have an old processor when $600 laptops by other companies have them.

Basically, I am asking if you think the 13" will ever have a new processor, say within the next year and a half or so. I am fine with using my current MacBook for another year, but if nothing more can be put in a 13" other than a C2D, then I may as well just buy a new MacBook Pro now why they're fresh.

Thoughts?

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

If you don't need it, don't buy. There's ALWAYS something more exciting coming when it comes to computers; especially Apple computers. If your money is itching to get out of your wallet, buy an iPad or an SSD. You can always have some fun with the iPad, or use the SSD for your next MBP.

3. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Unless you need the additional battery life, wait.