13" Macbook Pro Protection

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Belm, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Belm macrumors regular

I plan to buy a Macbook for college in the coming month and I'm curious as to how to fully protect it. As of now I want to get an Applesac sleeve, Moshi Palmguard and Clearguard. I don't want to get a special laptop bag because I don't want to spend a lot of money. Is there anything else that I would need? I don't plan on carrying it around often, maybe to the library but not to class everyday. It would just be in my regular old Jansport backpack. Do you all think I would need a hard case or a screen guard? Maybe invisishield? This is my first laptop after using desktops my whole life so I'm kinda new to this :(

2. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Just a case, like the Incase Hardshell Case, or sleeve is all you need. If you don't plan to carry it around often anything more is a bit overkill. You don't need a special bag, Jansport makes good bags.

3. Belm thread starter macrumors regular

What about keyboard guards, palm guards, screen guards and such? Are they necessary or do you think it would be a waste?

4. emilyland1326 macrumors newbie

Definitely unnecessary. It really depends on how accident-prone you are as well, but most ppl i know just have their laptops in a case or sleeve. That's it.

5. mgridgaway macrumors 6502

mgridgaway

Haha, it sounds like you're baby proofing your MBP or something.

Seriously, a nice case or sleave should be fine. Just don't drop it or take an exacto to the screen.

6. nbnbcar macrumors newbie

I plan to buy a Macbook for college in the coming

7. Belm thread starter macrumors regular

I'm just paranoid and reading these forums makes me even more paranoid :D:cool:. I'm reading about shiny worn keys and palm stains and scratches. I just want to keep it looking sexy as long as possible. I'm not clumsy or anything, its just that this my first Mac and my first laptop and I want to make sure that its safe and sound.