13" macbook pro? really?

Cloudgazer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2005
RSA
I just recently heard that Apple released a 13' macbook pro.

How is it any different from the previous alu macbook?

The only difference i can see is faster processor.

What am i missing?

Transporteur

macrumors 68030
Nov 30, 2008
UK
Far better LED backlit display
Firewire 800
Better battery (up to 7 hours)
SD Card slot
Combined audio in/out
Backlit keyboard

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
And the real kicker: they dropped the price when it turned Pro, so those of us who got the original one got less and paid more. Oh well, that's Apple for you (or any tech company really) and I wouldn't trade my aluminum MacBook for anything (well, I would for a new 13" MacBook Pro in a heartbeat);)

Vashed555

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2009
Ohio
Far better LED backlit display
Firewire 800
Better battery (up to 7 hours)
SD Card slot
Combined audio in/out
Backlit keyboard
I wouldn't say "Far Better"

This whole foolishness about seeing lines in displays because of incorrect dithering when viewing your consumer notebook from a 175deg angle is just insane. lol

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
Im in the market for a MacBook Pro soon, awesome machine!!
Great that Apple dropped pricew recently

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2008
I just recently heard that Apple released a 13' macbook pro.
I just heard that as well.

Well, I'm off to try this new fad called jogging. I believe it's jogging or yogging. It might be a soft j. I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008

Well, I'm off to try this new fad called jogging. I believe it's jogging or yogging. It might be a soft j. I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.
:D:D:D

Transporteur

macrumors 68030
Nov 30, 2008
UK
I wouldn't say "Far Better"

This whole foolishness about seeing lines in displays because of incorrect dithering when viewing your consumer notebook from a 175deg angle is just insane. lol
I definitely say FAR better!

A friend of mine purchased a unibody MacBook one month before the 13" Pro was released so I had the chance to compare both machines (I've got the 13" Pro).

Honestly I've never heard about any 'lines' in the display and I really don't care about what people believe to see or not to see. I rely on my own perception and we, my friend and myself, both came to the same conclusion and that is that the Pro's display is way better than the MacBook's panel.

Color, contrast and viewing angle are really superior. Another thing is that the Pro's display is a little brighter.

Eric S.

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
And the real kicker: they dropped the price when it turned Pro, so those of us who got the original one got less and paid more.
But we also got seven months or so more use from it, and that's nothing to sneeze at. Technology prices always go down over time (or should), so that's not really a big surprise.

Well I will upgrade when the quad core macbook pros come out someday.. hopefully next year! : ) 15" quaddie notbook would be rad! : )
You'll get dual-core Arrandale and like it! :rolleyes:

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
And the real kicker: they dropped the price when it turned Pro, so those of us who got the original one got less and paid more. Oh well, that's Apple for you (or any tech company really) and I wouldn't trade my aluminum MacBook for anything (well, I would for a new 13" MacBook Pro in a heartbeat);)
Hella yah. I am really enjoying mine. Only been a Mac user for 2 months. I am going to keep mine till late next year. Hopefully the quad core macbooks will be out then, then i will grab a pro with a 15" screen.
:D

LOL ERIC ahahha nice.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
And once the quad core Macbooks are out, then there will be 8 core iMacs, and you'll all be saying 'I'll just wait until the Macbooks are 8 core before i buy one...' :rolleyes:

brendu

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2009
USA

hmmm.. that sounds terrible...

boston44

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2009
Yeah it was released in June..

SD slot
Firewire
Backlit in base model
"Pro" branding
Better screens

I love mine.

JackMaurer

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2008
I played with one in the Apple store a while ago, yeah it's nice but I still appreciate the extra inches on my Macbook Pro

Cloudgazer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2005
RSA
Recently heard?

They "launched" the 13" Pro like >4 months ago or so :eek::eek:
LOL yeah.
I got my macbook earlier this year (April I think) and so stopped looking at new models,etc.

It's not like I visit apple.com daily or even weekly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.