13" MacBook Pro Screen Shakes When Typing

geoffreak

macrumors 68020
Feb 8, 2008
You're going to need to explain what you mean by "shakes", but I'm going to venture out and say no, that's not normal. Is the computer on a wobbly table?

mac.fanatic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
You're going to need to explain what you mean by "shakes", but I'm going to venture out and say no, that's not normal. Is the computer on a wobbly table?
It's usually in my lap. When I am typing I can see the screen go back and forth but the hinge stays in place.

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
The fact that it is only a week old allows you to take it back for an exchange... no questions asked. The screen should not shake. Does it shake if you type with it sitting on a table?

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
What do you mean by that? When opening/closing the laptop it seems fine. It's just when I am typing that I see it wobble a little bit.
I mean if you hold your screen from the top/side and add a little force while it's in the normal open position, does it move very loosely? If not then this seems like a non-issue, and completely dependent on how you position yourself & your macbook.

mac.fanatic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
I mean if you hold your screen from the top/side and add a little force while it's in the normal open position, does it move very loosely? If not then this seems like a non-issue, and completely dependent on how you position yourself & your macbook.
Thanks it seems fine when I hold the top/side and apply a little force. I just put the screen on a flat and stable table and seems to be doing a lot better. I guess the issue is with me using the computer on an unstable surface.