Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sailormannn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Does anyone know what configurations are available on-hand at the Apple Store in a rPro 13"

Looking for i7, 16gb, 512 flash drive model and whether I have to special order or if available in-store.

Tried googling and looking at Apple.ca and can't find it.

Much appreciated.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Does anyone know what configurations are available on-hand at the Apple Store in a rPro 13"

Looking for i7, 16gb, 512 flash drive model and whether I have to special order or if available in-store.

I was able to pick up that configuration earlier this year in store.

Your best bet would be to call.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008

Tried googling and looking at Apple.ca and can't find it.

Much appreciated.
Have you tried, you know, picking up the phone and asking? Your local Apple store probably knows their stock better than strangers on the internet.

With that said, Apple usually stocks the base models i.e. the ones you see when you shop for them online with no configuration whatsoever, and the fully decked out version.(So you'd have 4 different 13" models on display, and 3 15" with the current lineup). If you want anything in between, you need to order online.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
While apple stores mostly only stock the standard configs, they often have a maxed out version as well, you'll have to ring and ask though.

To be honest the i7 on the 13 inch (they are both dual core and hyperthreaded so an extra 1MB of L3 cache really isn't going to make much difference) is not worth the money for the 2-5% performance increase though, in almost any real life scenario you'll never notice the difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.