13" MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by linkboy, Jun 29, 2013.

1. linkboy macrumors member

linkboy

I'm still using my 2007 2.2ghz MBP and it's time to upgrade my computer.

My wife called and let me know that the store she works at can get one of the 13" non-Retina MBP's and it's in our price range (which is a huge limiting factor on which computer I can get).

This is the computer

As much as I would love to have one of the new Air's or wait until the Haswell MBP's come out, I'm pretty much limited on when/where I can get one. Apple declined me for a card from them.

Basically, I'm just looking for some impressions from people who have this model. Also, which Intel GPU does it have in it, the 4000 or the 3000

Thanks.

2. RedCroissant Suspended

That's a good model and it's going to have the Intel 4000 GPU in there. Apple is selling the same one refurb for $1,019. Plus free shipping.

BUT, since you linked to an AAFES site, are you military or is your wife military/government employee? If so, then you can shop in the Apple Govt store section and save a lot more. For example:

13" MBP 2.5GHz(3.1GHz turbo boost)
    8GB RAM
    500 GB HDD
    $1,089!!!!

3. maxosx macrumors 68020

My wife has that same exact model and it's been outstanding.

I would not hesitate you'll be very happy with it.

4. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

The 13" non-Retina MBP is a fast and expandable laptop- great for the price! I bought mine shortly after it came out and I don't regret it at all.

5. linkboy thread starter macrumors member

linkboy

Thanks to everyone for the help.

I know about Apple govt site, but the card we have to buy the computer on can only be used in store at AAFES.

Anyways, I ended up getting a Sony Vaio. I just couldn't get over losing those two inches of screen space and the resolution drop. It's not my ideal computer, but it should last me until I can get enough money to buy a mac again.