13" macbook unibody 5.1 trackpad??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iforlife, Apr 20, 2012.

1. iforlife macrumors newbie

good day everyone!

i had been using the macbook unibody 5.1 2.0Ghz for awhile now, guess probably bout 3 years, my trackpad has some problem, while it still work with multi gesture etc, the CLICKING does not work, i can still tap on the trackpad (ie. 2 finger tap to right click etc) but the 'physical clicking don't work' why is this so? if faulty then the multi gesture should fail as well? anyway I'm running lion

appreciate the help!

2. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Check and see if your battery is bulging. Sometimes with a bulging battery it will level out the trackpad and not allow you to physically click anything.

3. iforlife thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup check the battery is leveled on a table so I guess it's no bulging. Weird isn't it? From what I gather, most suffer from intermittent clicking lost or totally not working altogether, while my is gesture still works but physical clicking not.

4. allapon macrumors regular

allapon

Did you try to tight the screw indicated by red arrow? I think that it fix mine.

Attached Files:

5. iforlife thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried yet to no avail. you think i should buy an OEM trackpad and change it?

6. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Before I did that I would probably stop by a genius bar and at least have them diagnose the problem. It would suck to buy a track pad and then find out that there was a screw or something that needed to be tightened.