13" MacBook Unibody Questions.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by lovel, Apr 19, 2009.

1. lovel macrumors newbie

I'm making the switch to Mac. I want the 2.4 Unibody. I am very excited and I have 4 questions.

1. Can it be connected to a 30" Apple Display (Or other displays for that matter)
    2. Can it produce 1080p?
    3. If I wait for Snow Leopard and pick up a refurb from the Apple site will it come with Snow Leopard?
    4. If I were to pick one up off ebay or craigslist what kinda pricing would I be looking at?

I have $1000 budget (not counting upgrades :p)

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Well #4 you can go look for yourself on those sites. U would need more than 1K for the 2.4 model though.

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Yes to all of the above. Pricing would be around $1200 on craigslist or eBay for a 2.4 GHz model.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Haven't seen the "windows" shopping commericals, huh? :p

Good luck with $1000 for a legit Macbook on Craigslist... If it's a unibody without install discs, my money's on the fact that it's stolen.

5. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

yes to all of them. $1000 is kind of sketchy for a new UBMB.

6. lovel thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't mind settling for the 2.0 model. But for $100 more I could get the apple refurb. What would craigslist pricing be on a 2.0 Unibody anyway (on average)?

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Just save up the extra $$ and buy a legit refurb. That way, you know the warranty is valid, and the computer is legit.

8. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

+1

9. lasteve macrumors member

Im actually selling my 2.0 model with box and everything included for $1050 on Craigslist. You can find some legit ones on craigslist just make sure you do your research.

10. Legolai macrumors member

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but i didnt want to start a new one with the same title

I've just managed to switch my girlfriend, she wanted a new laptop, so i told her to buy a mac rather than giving me a headache with another windows machine.

i bought a whitebook last spring and ive been very happy with it, however ive just ordered the missus a Unibody 2.0 MacBook - Stock version, and looking around here, there seems to be a few problems with the RevA Unibodies, and i just dont want her first mac experience to be a bad one. Have i made a mistake and should i have gone for the whitebook with the 9400m, or is the Unibody relatively solid?

11. tdgrn macrumors 6502

You should be good, but guys and gals, Apple makes computers, they break just like everything else does (hardware wise) so unless you got a lemon then you are good. I work at Best Buy and we hardly get returns due to something actually wrong with the computer, so you should be golden.

12. Legolai macrumors member

oh yeah i understand that, but i put a lot of effort into getting her to switch, i just dont wanna get it in neck if it does