13" MB, MBP, MB Air Owners ONLY ... Carrying your 13" notebook ...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entatlrg, Feb 27, 2010.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Yes another bag thread ... but this one is for owners of 13" notebooks...

Many of the bag threads I've searched suggest huge bags that the little 13 inch'ers get lost in ...

How or what do you carry you notebook in? Backpack, Messenger Bag, 'Day Pack' / Shoulder Bag?

Ideally I'd like a small/medium sized backpack with a padded section for the notebook and enough room for power adapter, mouse, medium sized day timer, a few files, iPhone, keys wallet etc.

Suggestions (with photo's/links) appreciated!

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I just use the 13" Incase sleeve and then drop that in my backpack (a run of the mill Eastpak)

3. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

Incase sleeve + outdoor backpack from Jansport.

I'd prefer a computer specific backpack that has a little more padding/protection, but have yet to find one that's 1.) large enough to hold everything I carry in addition to the computer and 2.) doesn't make me look like a douchebag fashionista.

4. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

I put mine in a cheap memory foam sleeve and then into a messenger bag I bought at the mall. You need something that holds at least your lappy and it's power adapter.

5. yoyomaster macrumors regular

6. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

I use a STM Rogue medium backpack. I bought the medium instead of the small, so I could use a sleeve. The small is just enough to fit the macbook pro 13".
    For a sleeve. I bought a sfbags.com waterfield case sleeve in vertical orientation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. vant macrumors 65816

8. Falch macrumors newbie

9. Freyqq macrumors 68040

+1

been doing this through all 4 years of college and no damage yet

10. gfiz macrumors 6502

gfiz

oops, I have a 12" PB, and I accidentally looked at this thread :eek:

11. kasakka macrumors 68000

I use a Tucano Fina Small.

[​IMG]

In it I carry my 13" MBP, power adapter, VGA and DVI adapters, Magic Mouse (has a small pocket that is perfect for it) and the small wired Apple keyboard. You could fit a thin book together with the MBP as well as some stuff in the small back pocket but it is primarily just for carrying your laptop and accessories.

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ah a thread with posting restrictions. :rolleyes:
    I use a Wrenger bag. It's fantastic really and only costs $60. It is the best bag ever for 13" notebooks IMHO.
    [​IMG]

13. racer1441 macrumors 68000

14. DarthSnuggles macrumors member

DarthSnuggles

15. mattgoldey macrumors member

16. mrj412 macrumors regular

I carry mine in my Ogio Firefox messenger bag. A brand I highly recommend. I got the bag as a gift almost 2 years ago and after using it daily, shows no sign of wear. Lots of pockets and room for the gadgets I carry around with me.

The mbp itself goes in a 13" ColcaSac sleeve. Another product I highly recommend.

17. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

My 13" goes in a foof bag corduroy laptop sleeve inside my dakine backpack.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The bag's not going to win anybody any fashion awards but I've taken it to hell and back and it's solid. In addition to the main bag it has a pocket for ipod complete with headphone port, a good size lined pocket for extra shades, spare glasses, contacts accessories, etc., webbed pocket for water bottle, misc pockets and pouches for cell phone, pens, etc etc., unclip the pockets to expose straps that hold a skateboard or extra coat (or sleeping bag, I've taken this backpack camping for several days at a time in addition to putting it through daily urban abuse), going on year three of putting it through the **** and it's as good as new despite having been in car crashes, bike crashes, burning buildings, dunked in salt water repeatedly, lost in the snow, and daily exposure to the bus and train.

18. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I carry mine in a STM 13" laptop bag. It fits the 13" MacBook/MacBook Pro in there nicely, plus it has some other useful pockets for chargers, cables, disks etc... It was about 30 NZD:D

19. darklich macrumors member

20. Harmless Abuse macrumors regular

I'm pretty partial to my aftpack from Speck.

The only gripe I have is the damn plastic zippers. I took them off though and added little zipper buddies. It's not the zippers themselves, it's just those little tabs.

I like it because it's really rather padded and it has that reverse zipper on the back of the bag. I can get my notebook out without having to take anything out and without having to go and remove my books.

It also stands up on its own if I have a textbook or two in it. It has rubber feet that keep it from wearing down on the bottom though.

The main compartment has enough room for my textbooks for college, and the smaller front compartment fit my mouse, cell phone, TI-89 graphing calculator, 2 pens, 2 pencils, my boogie board, and a novel about 500 pages long. It has 2 small pockets on the front, and a divider in the bigger portion of that. There's a little water bottle holder that you can tuck away and back straps which made my life easier. It's also rather cute, but I'm a 19 year old girl so I'm not sure how it looks with older people or men.

It's a bit bigger though.

21. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

I currently got a NorthFace Recon (it has a back spot to carry 15" laptops) and I am planning on getting a foofbag with it. I would recommend the NorthFace Recon, I use it daily to go to my University and it is just great.

22. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

*sends you into a corner* :p